There’s nothing like surprising your mother with delicious baked goods on mother’s day.
Showing your appreciation to your mother on mother’s day doesn’t have to be about spending tons of money on gifts and flowers. Though that might be nice, it’s not always necessary. The small things in life sometimes surpass those larger, flashy gifts and surprises. That’s why we decided to put together some of our favorite mother’s day recipes, which you can either sell at your bakery or cafe, or you can make right at home in your own kitchen.
LEMON SWEET ROLLS
This one’s for the mother who just loves her citrus flavors. Think cinnabon, but more in the direction of a delicious lemon zest.
For the dough:
- 180 grams milk (¾ cup), at room temperature
- 30 grams butter, melted
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 375 grams all-purpose flour (3 cups)
- 5 grams instant yeast (1 + ½ teaspoons)
- 40 grams granulated sugar (2 tablespoons)
- 3 grams salt (½ teaspoon)
- vegetable oil
For the lemon sugar filling:
- 60 grams butter (¼ cup), softened to room temperature
- 100 grams granulated sugar (½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest (from approximately 3 lemons), divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For cream cheese icing:
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional, to sprinkle on top)
This one we love to bake for our grandmother, mother or mom-to-be. It’s hard to explain, but there’s nothing quite like munching on a coconut flavored cookie. Not only does it feel extra healthy, but it also really hits the spot.
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 c coconut flakes
Mother’s Day Brownies
Let’s face it, what mother doesn’t love her brownies? Come to think of it, we can’t think of anyone who doesn’t just love brownies. It’s a hit every time. Here’s our all-time favorite brownies recipe that goes over well every single occasion.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar*
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil**
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Then again, you can always take your mother out for ice cream. It is May after all, certainly not too early for a sweet cone full of her favorite flavors and ice-cream toppings.
If you’re in the food industry and on the lookout for toppings for delicious desserts, reach out to us at CNS Confectionery Products. We sell bulk ingredients that aren’t just quality but competitive too.