We love desiccated coconut nuts not just for its rich flavor, but also for its incredible health benefits.
Desiccated coconut is a healthy option for all of us, but it’s an especially enrichening ingredient for those of us on a keto diet. Desiccated coconut is a low-carb high-fat snack, that you can eat on the go or bake into your favorite recipes.
Photo by Jenna Hamra: https://www.pexels.com/photo/egg-near-blueberries-1305063/
A Bit About The Ketogenic Diet
Many individuals across the globe have been finding great success with the keto diet. The keto diet, as mentioned above, is a low-carb high-fat diet. By replacing carbohydrates with fats, your body then goes into a metabolic state known as ketosis. Your body then begins to burn fat for energy. Besides encouraging weight loss, this diet also has the ability to reduce blood sugar and insulin levels.
Now that we’ve cleared that out of the way, let’s jump into some super tasty recipes.
Photo by Antoni Shkraba: https://www.pexels.com/photo/clear-drinking-glass-with-red-liquid-on-brown-wooden-table-4753650/
Keto Smoothie Recipes
Come summer, come winter, we’re drinking smoothies to kick off our mornings. That’s because it’s such a delicious way to get in all those vitamins and a sweet way to start your day.
Our favorite keto smoothie recipe includes the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries (a quarter cup raspberries and you’ll get about 1.5 grams of net carbs.)
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Keto Coconut Blondies
For that sweet tooth we’re going to have to recommend keto coconut blondies. It’s a winner for those of us on and off the keto diet. We love to make this recipe gluten free and sugar free for obvious reasons. However, just because we’ve trashed the flour and sugar, doesn’t mean we can’t treat ourselves to deserts that really hit the spot.
- ½ cup / 50 g coconut flour
- ⅓ cup / 70 g coconut oil melted
- 3 eggs large
- ¼ cup / 50ml coconut cream from a can
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup / 30g powdered sweetener or more, if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup / 20g desiccated coconut unsweetened
- More CNS Confectionery desiccated coconut or coconut flakes to decorate
Photo by Omar Mahmood: https://www.pexels.com/photo/close-up-photo-of-grilled-chicken-106343/
Keto Dinner Recipe
And finally, our favorite keto dinner recipe: coconut curry chicken, yum. We made sure to find you an easy recipe, so that you can quickly make this one for yourself or guests. We’ve got all the bases covered. Did we mention how much we love to sprinkle CNS Confectionery’s desiccated coconut flakes onto just about every curry recipe we make?
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 lb Chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 14.5-oz can Diced tomatoes (drained)
- 7 oz Coconut cream (the entire cream part skimmed from a 14-oz can)
- 1/4 cup Chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry powder (+1 tsp cumin if your curry powder doesn't include it)
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
Photo by Orsys _tography: https://www.pexels.com/photo/split-coconut-11413403/
Going on a diet doesn’t always have to feel restrictive. Not when we have quality ingredients like CNS Confectionery flavorful and nutty coconut flakes at hand. Being able to stick to a diet is about having the right mindset and having your go-to recipes which you’re inspired to make.
Stay inspired with CNS Confectionery’s ingredients and let us know what you're cooking and baking!
BONUS RECIPE: Keto Coconut Shake, we just couldn’t resist this one!